The Rediscover the Jersey Tomato program has ‘Rutgers 250’, ‘Ramapo’, ‘Moreton’ and ‘KC-146’ tomato seeds and Jersey tomato T-shirts available. These items can be purchased using the Rutgers NJAES 2020 tomato seed order form, which will be posted early January. To receive an alert for the availability of 2020 seeds, please click the “subscribe here” link below.
- To receive updates from the program, subscribe here.
- To see a description of these tomato varieties, click here.
- In New Jersey, tomato season spans from the beginning of July to the end of October.
- Visit the NJ Department of Agriculture’s Jersey Fresh website for a list of community farmers markets to find Jersey tomatoes.
- The annual Great Tomato Tasting at Rutgers Snyder Farm offers many varieties to taste, including the Rutgers NJAES varieties.
Plant Availability – a listing of where to buy the tomato plants is provided in the spring.
Know Before You Grow: Resources for Starting and Growing Tomatoes
Seed Availability for Commercial Growers
For bulk tomato seed and point of purchase (POP) materials, go to the Commercial Grower page.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.