The Rediscover the Jersey Tomato program has ‘Rutgers 250’, ‘Ramapo’, ‘Moreton’ and ‘KC-146’ tomato seeds and Jersey tomato T-shirts available. These items can be purchased using the RutgersNJAES-tomatoseeds-orderform2019. Note: the seeds are available year-round.
- To receive updates from the program, subscribe here.
- To see a description of these tomato varieties, click here.
- In New Jersey, tomato season spans from the beginning of July to the end of October.
- Visit the NJ Department of Agriculture’s Jersey Fresh website for a list of community farmers markets to find Jersey tomatoes.
- The annual Great Tomato Tasting at Rutgers Snyder Farm offers many varieties to taste, including the Rutgers NJAES varieties.
Plant Availability – a listing of where to buy the tomato plants is provided in the spring.
Know Before You Grow: Resources for Starting and Growing Tomatoes
Seed Availability for Commercial Growers
For bulk tomato seed and point of purchase (POP) materials, go to the Commercial Grower page.
Contact email@example.com with questions.