- Look for Rutgers Scarlet™ strawberries in May and June.
- For fruit availability contact your local farm stand, pick-your-own farm and/or farmers market. See the Jersey Fresh site to find a listing of local farms.
- Check with the farm or nursery for availability, hours, and types of products. Product inventory can vary daily.
- Ag Field Day/Rutgers Day, last Saturday in April, gardeners will be able to purchase Rutgers Scarlet™ strawberry plants at the plant sale next to Bartlett Hall (84 Lipman Drive, New Brunswick, NJ) 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Several Rutgers Master Gardener plant sales will also be selling Rutgers Scarlet™ strawberry plants. Check with your county’s Rutgers Master Gardeners for details.
- Nourse Farms sells dormant strawberry plants in March and April, both commercially and to home gardeners.
- Great Swamp Greenhouses sells potted strawberry plants in Morris County, NJ (Rutgers Scarlet™ bare roots were purchased from Nourse Farms).
- Moore’s Greenhouse sells strawberry plants for home gardeners in market packs and pots.
- Last updated: February, 2019
194 Rt. 526
Allentown, NJ 08501
Phone: (609) 259-3114
Fax: (609) 259-0487
Nourse Farms, Inc.
41 River Road
Whately, MA 01093
Phone: (413) 665-2658
Fax: (413) 665-7888
For more information, Rutgers Licensing and Technology: Agricultural Products- Strawberries