The Rediscover the Jersey Tomato program will have ‘Rutgers 250’, ‘Ramapo’, ‘Moreton’ and ‘KC-146’ tomato seeds and Jersey tomato T-shirts available on the What’s in Season from the Garden State website, starting in February. To receive an alert when the seeds are ready for sale and updates from the program, subscribe here. To see a description of these tomato varieties, click here.
If you want to order seeds before February, you can order ‘Rutgers 250’, ‘Ramapo’ or Moreton seeds from the following companies:
Home Gardening: May 2017 update
- Tomato SEEDS will be sold starting in February: NJ Farm Fresh
- Tomato PLANTS will be sold at several annual events:
- In New Jersey, tomato season spans from the beginning of July to the end of October.
- Visit the NJ Department of Agriculture’s Jersey Fresh website for a list of community farmers markets to find Jersey tomatoes.
- Check back for information about the Great Tomato Tasting of 2017 and other chances to try Rutgers tomato varieties!